Sterling American Property, Inc. is accomplished in repositioning properties and increasing asset value. Repositioning is achieved by changing an asset’s function, image and/or tenancy, addressing physical deficiencies and enhancing its amenities and functionality. Repositioning requires a combination of vision, expertise and hands-on experience. S.A.P’s senior management has decades of proven experience in development and management of residential, commercial, retail and entertainment facilities and the ability to create and implement strategic solutions to complex real estate challenges. To achieve the repositioning of an asset, Sterling American can call upon its in-house professionals to provide expertise in construction and design, value engineering, financing and marketing.
To date, Sterling American has overseen the management of over 200 assets including more than 29,000 residential units and 9.2 million square feet of commercial and retail space nationwide.
Asset Management Philosophy
Sterling believes in “hands-on” control and monitoring of each of its investments. In addition to the on-site property managers and leasing agents assigned to each asset, Sterling has a team of Senior asset managers whose function is to provide guidance and oversight to ensure maximization of value and monitor financial controls. Sterling’s asset management program includes:
Establishing and continually monitoring individual property leasing, promotion and marketing plans to control expenses and maximize income and occupancy;
- Continually training, dialoguing with and challenging on-site leasing agents and property managers to ensure superior asset performance;
- Minimizing operating expenses by zero-based budgeting, aggressively negotiating/bidding service contracts, establishing comprehensive preventive maintenance programs and pooling assets to ensure competitive pricing on everything from janitorial supplies to insurance premiums;
- Hiring and directing local real estate professionals, such as certiorari attorneys, to ensure that real estate taxes and other assessments are minimized;
- Collaborating with our Construction and Development Team to provide professional hands-on oversight of construction projects;
- Establishing and maintaining on-going internal financial control procedures including cash receipts and disbursements, payroll, audits and capital expenditure approval;
- Performing monthly financial and operational reviews of each asset with senior management and property accountants.